At the law office of O’Hara & O’Hara L.L.C. we represent clients who are arrested, cited, charged, or indicted for Rape crimes. We pride ourselves on offering professional attention to every case. Our lawyers are experienced and aggressive in Rape cases, and are not afraid to fight for our clients. We have been fighting for our clients for over 60 years.
We know how important it is for an individual to avoid a criminal record which could affect their career regarding Rape offenses. Our Attorneys provide our clients with smart, zealous, dedicated, caring, and hardworking representation.
We handle Rape cases in City, State, and Federal Courts throughout the State of Kansas. Our office is located in Wichita, Kansas. We work hard to protect the rights and the futures of our clients.
CONTACT OUR OFFICE AND SPEAK TO A LAWYER TODAY. INITIAL CONSULTATIONS ARE FREE.
(Se Habla Espanol)
Kansas Aggressive Rape Defense
At O’Hara & O’Hara L.L.C. one of our areas of focus is Rape Defense law. Rape offenses can be complex and provide many legal issues. Our lawyers provide experienced, aggressive, and intelligent representation to our clients. The following is the Rape statute for the State of Kansas:
(a) Rape is: (1) Sexual intercourse with a person who does not consent to the sexual intercourse, under any of the following circumstances:
(A) When the victim is overcome by force or fear;
(B) when the victim is unconscious or physically powerless; or
(C) when the victim is incapable of giving consent because of mental deficiency or disease, or when the victim is incapable of giving consent because of the effect of any alcoholic liquor, narcotic, drug or other substance, which condition was known by the offender or was reasonably apparent to the offender;
(2) sexual intercourse with a child who is under 14 years of age;
(3) sexual intercourse with a victim when the victim’s consent was obtained through a knowing misrepresentation made by the offender that the sexual intercourse was a medically or therapeutically necessary procedure; or
(4) sexual intercourse with a victim when the victim’s consent was obtained through a knowing misrepresentation made by the offender that the sexual intercourse was a legally required procedure within the scope of the offender’s authority.
(b) It shall be a defense to a prosecution of rape under subsection (a)(2) that the child was married to the accused at the time of the offense.
(c) Except as provided further, rape as described in subsection (a)(1) or (2) is a severity level 1, person felony. Rape as described in subsection (a)(2) or attempt, conspiracy or criminal solicitation to commit rape as described in subsection (a)(2), when the offender is 18 years of age or older, is an off-grid person felony. Rape as described in subsection (a)(3) or (4) is a severity level 2, person felony.
(d) If the offender is 18 years of age or older, the provisions of:
(1) Subsection (c) of K.S.A. 21-3301, and amendments thereto, shall not apply to a violation of attempting to commit the crime of rape as described in subsection (a)(2);
(2) subsection (c) of K.S.A. 21-3302, and amendments thereto, shall not apply to a violation of conspiracy to commit the crime of rape as described in subsection (a)(2); and
(3) subsection (d) of K.S.A. 21-3303, and amendments thereto, shall not apply to a violation of criminal solicitation to commit the crime of rape as described in subsection (a)(2).
At the law office of O’Hara & O’Hara L.L.C. our clients come first and we will do what it takes to defend and uphold your rights. Our attorneys have represented many clients who have faced Rape charges. In some instances, it is possible to resolve the case without going to trial. However, if the prosecutor is not willing to be reasonable, we are fully prepared to take the case to trial. We will do what is in our client’s best interests. Since deciding to settle or take the case to trial is always our client’s decision, we will supply the legal advice needed to help our clients make an informed and intelligent decision.
Proven Rape Defense Results in Wichita, Kansas
We will defend you or your loved ones criminal case aggressively. Our experienced Rape Criminal Defense Attorneys take pride in their work and their case results reflect their dedication to the client. Regardless if you or your loved one has been charged with, being investigated for or accused of a Rape Offense, you need aggressive representation immediately.
Contact an Experienced Kansas Rape Defense Lawyer
We know that criminal charges are difficult, requiring hard work and dedication on the part of a defense lawyer. We work hard to protect the rights and the futures of our clients. We offer a free Rape consultation to discuss your legal matter during which all the facets of your case will be thoroughly examined and advice will be offered to you on how to proceed. If you choose to retain us, it will be our goal to provide you with a service that will be of benefit to you and your family.
Contact us at 316.263.5601 for a consultation to discuss your legal options regarding a Rape Offense. Or stop by to visit us at our office at:1223 East First Street – Wichita, Kansas 67214