At the law office of O’Hara & O’Hara L.L.C. we represent clients who are arrested, cited, charged, or indicted for Forgery crimes. We pride ourselves on offering professional attention to every case. Our lawyers are experienced and aggressive in Forgery cases, and are not afraid to fight for our clients. We have been fighting for our clients for over 60 years.
We know how important it is for an individual to avoid a criminal record which could affect their career regarding Forgery offenses. Our Attorneys provide our clients with smart, zealous, dedicated, caring, and hardworking representation.
We handle Forgery cases in City, State, and Federal Courts throughout the State of Kansas. Our office is located in Wichita, Kansas. We work hard to protect the rights and the futures of our clients.
CONTACT OUR OFFICE AND SPEAK TO A LAWYER TODAY. INITIAL CONSULTATIONS ARE FREE.
(Se Habla Espanol)
Kansas Aggressive Forgery Defense
At O’Hara & O’Hara L.L.C. one of our areas of focus is Forgery Defense law. Forgery offenses can be complex and provide many legal issues. Our lawyers provide experienced, aggressive, and intelligent representation to our clients. The following is the Forgery statute for the State of Kansas:
(a) Forgery is knowingly and with intent to defraud:
(1) Making, altering or endorsing any written instrument in such manner that it purports to have been made, altered or endorsed by another person, either real or fictitious, and if a real person without the authority of such person; or altering any written instrument in such manner that it purports to have been made at another time or with different provisions without the authority of the maker thereof; or making, altering or endorsing any written instrument in such manner that it purports to have been made, altered or endorsed with the authority of one who did not give such authority;
(2) issuing or delivering such written instrument knowing it to have been thus made, altered or endorsed; or
(3) possessing, with intent to issue or deliver, any such written instrument knowing it to have been thus made, altered or endorsed.
(b) (1) Forgery is a severity level 8, nonperson felony.
(2) On a first conviction of a violation of this section, in addition to any other sentence imposed, a person shall be fined the lesser of the amount of the forged instrument or $ 500.
(3) On a second conviction of a violation of this section, a person shall be required to serve at least 30 days’ imprisonment as a condition of probation, and fined the lesser of the amount of the forged instrument or $ 1,000.
(4) On a third or subsequent conviction of a violation of this section, a person shall be required to serve at least 45 days’ imprisonment as a condition of probation, and fined the lesser of the amount of the forged instrument or $ 2,500.
(5) The person convicted shall not be eligible for release on probation, suspension or reduction of sentence or parole until the person has served the mandatory sentence as provided herein.
(c) In any prosecution under this section, it may be alleged in the complaint or information that it is not known whether a purported person is real or fictitious, and in such case there shall be a rebuttable presumption that such purported person is fictitious.
At the law office of O’Hara & O’Hara L.L.C. our clients come first and we will do what it takes to defend and uphold your rights. Our attorneys have represented many clients who have faced Forgery charges. In some instances, it is possible to resolve the case without going to trial. However, if the prosecutor is not willing to be reasonable, we are fully prepared to take the case to trial. We will do what is in our client’s best interests. Since deciding to settle or take the case to trial is always our client’s decision, we will supply the legal advice needed to help our clients make an informed and intelligent decision.
Proven Forgery Defense Results in Wichita, Kansas
We will defend you or your loved ones criminal case aggressively. Our experienced Forgery Criminal Defense Attorneys take pride in their work and their case results reflect their dedication to the client. Regardless if you or your loved one has been charged with, being investigated for or accused of a Forgery Offense, you need aggressive representation immediately.
Contact an Experienced Kansas Forgery Defense Lawyer
We know that criminal charges are difficult, requiring hard work and dedication on the part of a defense lawyer. We work hard to protect the rights and the futures of our clients. We offer a free Forgery consultation to discuss your legal matter during which all the facets of your case will be thoroughly examined and advice will be offered to you on how to proceed. If you choose to retain us, it will be our goal to provide you with a service that will be of benefit to you and your family.
Contact us at 316.263.5601 for a consultation to discuss your legal options regarding a Forgery Offense. Or stop by to visit us at our office at:1223 East First Street – Wichita, Kansas 67214