At the law office of O’Hara & O’Hara L.L.C. we represent clients who are arrested, cited, charged, or indicted for Criminal Trespass crimes. We pride ourselves on offering professional attention to every case. Our lawyers are experienced and aggressive in Criminal Trespass cases, and are not afraid to fight for our clients. We have been fighting for our clients for over 60 years.
We know how important it is for an individual to avoid a criminal record which could affect their career regarding Criminal Trespass. Our Attorneys provide our clients with smart, zealous, dedicated, caring, and hardworking representation.
We handle Criminal Trespass cases in City, State, and Federal Courts throughout the State of Kansas. Our office is located in Wichita, Kansas. We work hard to protect the rights and the futures of our clients.
CONTACT OUR OFFICE AND SPEAK TO A LAWYER TODAY. INITIAL CONSULTATIONS ARE FREE.
(Se Habla Espanol)
Kansas Aggressive Criminal Trespass Defense
At O’Hara & O’Hara L.L.C. one of our areas of focus is Criminal Trespass Defense law. Criminal Trespass offenses can be complex and provide many legal issues. Our lawyers provide experienced, aggressive, and intelligent representation to our clients. The following is the Criminal Trespass statute for the State of Kansas:
21-3721 Criminal trespass.
(a) Criminal trespass is:
(1) Entering or remaining upon or in any land, nonnavigable body of water, structure, vehicle, aircraft or watercraft, other than railroad property as defined in K.S.A. 21-3761, and amendments thereto, or nuclear generating facility as defined in K.S.A. 2007 Supp. 66-2302, and amendments thereto, by a person who knows such person is not authorized or privileged to do so, and:
(A) Such person enters or remains therein in defiance of an order not to enter or to leave such premises or property personally communicated to such person by the owner thereof or other authorized person; or
(B) such premises or property are posted in a manner reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders, or are locked or fenced or otherwise enclosed, or shut or secured against passage or entry; or
(C) such person enters or remains therein in defiance of a restraining order issued pursuant to K.S.A. 60-1607, 60-3105, 60-3106, 60-3107, 60-31a05 or 60-31a06 or K.S.A. 2007 Supp. 38-2243, 38-2244 or 38-2255, and amendments thereto, and the restraining order has been personally served upon the person so restrained; or
(2) entering or remaining upon or in any public or private land or structure in a manner that interferes with access to or from any health care facility by a person who knows such person is not authorized or privileged to do so and such person enters or remains thereon or therein in defiance of an order not to enter or to leave such land or structure personally communicated to such person by the owner of the health care facility or other authorized person.
(b) As used in this section:
(1) “Health care facility” means any licensed medical care facility, certificated health maintenance organization, licensed mental health center, or mental health clinic, licensed psychiatric hospital or other facility or office where services of a health care provider are provided directly to patients.
(2) “Health care provider” means any person: (A) Licensed to practice a branch of the healing arts; (B) licensed to practice psychology; (C) licensed to practice professional or practical nursing; (D) licensed to practice dentistry; (E) licensed to practice optometry; (F) licensed to practice pharmacy; (G) registered to practice podiatry; (H) licensed as a social worker; or (I) registered to practice physical therapy.
(c) (1) Criminal trespass is a class B nonperson misdemeanor.
(2) Upon a conviction of a violation of subsection (a)(1)(C), a person shall be sentenced to not less than 48 consecutive hours of imprisonment which must be served either before or as a condition of any grant of probation or suspension, reduction of sentence or parole.
(d) This section shall not apply to a land surveyor, licensed pursuant to article 70 of chapter 74 of the Kansas Statutes Annotated, and amendments thereto, and such surveyor’s authorized agents and employees who enter upon lands, waters and other premises in the making of a survey.
At the law office of O’Hara & O’Hara L.L.C. our clients come first and we will do what it takes to defend and uphold your rights. Our attorneys have represented many clients who have faced Criminal Trespass charges. In some instances, it is possible to resolve the case without going to trial. However, if the prosecutor is not willing to be reasonable, we are fully prepared to take the case to trial. We will do what is in our client’s best interests. Since deciding to settle or take the case to trial is always our client’s decision, we will supply the legal advice needed to help our clients make an informed and intelligent decision.
Proven Criminal Trespass Defense Results in Wichita, Kansas
We will defend you or your loved ones criminal case aggressively. Our experienced Criminal Trespass Defense Attorneys take pride in their work and their case results reflect their dedication to the client. Regardless if you or your loved one has been charged with, being investigated for or accused of a Trespass Offense, you need aggressive representation immediately.
Contact an Experienced Kansas Criminal Trespass Defense Lawyer
We know that criminal charges are difficult, requiring hard work and dedication on the part of a defense lawyer. We work hard to protect the rights and the futures of our clients. We offer a free Criminal Trespass consultation to discuss your legal matter during which all the facets of your case will be thoroughly examined and advice will be offered to you on how to proceed. If you choose to retain us, it will be our goal to provide you with a service that will be of benefit to you and your family.
Contact us at 316.263.5601 for a consultation to discuss your legal options regarding a Trespass Offense. Or stop by to visit us at our office at:1223 East First Street – Wichita, Kansas 67214