At the law office of O’Hara & O’Hara L.L.C. we represent clients who are arrested, cited, charged, or indicted for Fleeing/Evade and Elude crimes. We pride ourselves on offering professional attention to every case. Our lawyers are experienced and aggressive in Fleeing/Evade and Elude cases, and are not afraid to fight for our clients. We have been fighting for our clients for over 60 years.
We know how important it is for an individual to avoid a criminal record which could affect their career regarding Fleeing/Evade and Elude offenses. Our Attorneys provide our clients with smart, zealous, dedicated, caring, and hardworking representation.
We handle Fleeing/Evade and Elude cases in City, State, and Federal Courts throughout the State of Kansas. Our office is located in Wichita, Kansas. We work hard to protect the rights and the futures of our clients.
CONTACT OUR OFFICE AND SPEAK TO A LAWYER TODAY. INITIAL CONSULTATIONS ARE FREE.
(Se Habla Espanol)
Kansas Aggressive Fleeing/Evade & Elude Defense
At O’Hara & O’Hara L.L.C. one of our areas of focus is Fleeing/Evade and Elude Defense law. Fleeing/Evade and Elude offenses can be complex and provide many legal issues. Our lawyers provide experienced, aggressive, and intelligent representation to our clients. The following is the Fleeing/Evade and Elude statute for the State of Kansas:
8-1568 Fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer; penalties.
(a) (1) Any driver of a motor vehicle who willfully fails or refuses to bring such driver’s vehicle to a stop for a pursuing police vehicle or police bicycle, when given visual or audible signal to bring the vehicle to a stop, shall be guilty as provided by subsection (c)(1), (2) or (3).
(2) Any driver of a motor vehicle who willfully otherwise flees or attempts to elude a pursuing police vehicle or police bicycle, when given visual or audible signal to bring the vehicle to a stop, shall be guilty as provided by subsection (c)(1), (2) or (3).
(3) It shall be an affirmative defense to any prosecution under paragraph (1) of this subsection that the driver’s conduct in violation of such paragraph was caused by such driver’s reasonable belief that the vehicle or bicycle pursuing such driver’s vehicle is not a police vehicle or police bicycle.
(b) Any driver of a motor vehicle who willfully fails or refuses to bring such driver’s vehicle to a stop, or who otherwise flees or attempts to elude a pursuing police vehicle or police bicycle, when given visual or audible signal to bring the vehicle to a stop, and who: (1) Commits any of the following during a police pursuit: (A) Fails to stop for a police road block; (B) drives around tire deflating devices placed by a police officer; (C) engages in reckless driving as defined by K.S.A. 8-1566 and amendments thereto; (D) is involved in any motor vehicle accident or intentionally causes damage to property; or (E) commits five or more moving violations; or
(2) is attempting to elude capture for the commission of any felony, shall be guilty as provided in subsection (c)(4).
(c) (1) Violation of subsection (a), upon a first conviction is a class B nonperson misdemeanor.
(2) Violation of subsection (a), upon a second conviction is a class A nonperson misdemeanor.
(3) Violation of subsection (a), upon a third or subsequent conviction is a severity level 9, person felony.
(4) Violation of subsection (b) is a severity level 9, person felony.
(d) The signal given by the police officer may be by hand, voice, emergency light or siren:
(1) If the officer giving such signal is within or upon an official police vehicle or police bicycle at the time the signal is given, the vehicle or bicycle shall be appropriately marked showing it to be an official police vehicle or police bicycle; or
(2) if the officer giving such signal is not utilizing an official police vehicle or police bicycle at the time the signal is given, the officer shall be in uniform, prominently displaying such officer’s badge of office at the time the signal is given.
(e) For the purpose of this section:
(1) “Conviction” means a final conviction without regard whether sentence was suspended or probation granted after such conviction. Forfeiture of bail, bond or collateral deposited to secure a defendant’s appearance in court, which forfeiture has not been vacated, shall be equivalent to a conviction.
(2) “Appropriately marked” official police vehicle or police bicycle shall include, but not be limited to, any police vehicle or bicycle equipped with functional emergency lights or siren or both and which the emergency lights or siren or both have been activated for the purpose of signaling a driver to stop a motor vehicle.
(f) The division of vehicles of the department of revenue shall promote public awareness of the provisions of this section when persons apply for or renew such person’s driver’s license.
At the law office of O’Hara & O’Hara L.L.C. our clients come first and we will do what it takes to defend and uphold your rights. Our attorneys have represented many clients who have faced Fleeing/Evade and Elude charges. In some instances, it is possible to resolve the case without going to trial. However, if the prosecutor is not willing to be reasonable, we are fully prepared to take the case to trial. We will do what is in our client’s best interests. Since deciding to settle or take the case to trial is always our client’s decision, we will supply the legal advice needed to help our clients make an informed and intelligent decision.
Proven Fleeing/Evade & Elude Defense Results in Wichita, Kansas
We will defend you or your loved ones criminal case aggressively. Our experienced Fleeing/Evade & Elude Criminal Defense Attorneys take pride in their work and their case results reflect their dedication to the client. Regardless if you or your loved one has been charged with, being investigated for or accused of a Fleeing/Evade & Elude Offense, you need aggressive representation immediately.
Contact an Experienced Kansas Fleeing/Evade & Elude Defense Lawyer
We know that criminal charges are difficult, requiring hard work and dedication on the part of a defense lawyer. We work hard to protect the rights and the futures of our clients. We offer a free Fleeing/Evade & Elude consultation to discuss your legal matter during which all the facets of your case will be thoroughly examined and advice will be offered to you on how to proceed. If you choose to retain us, it will be our goal to provide you with a service that will be of benefit to you and your family.
Contact us at 316.263.5601 for a consultation to discuss your legal options regarding a Fleeing/Evade & Elude Offense. Or stop by to visit us at our office at:1223 East First Street – Wichita, Kansas 67214